Thursday, July 17, 2014

Spotlight on new DT Member Melody Brouthers Clement

Welcome, Friends!  

I hope you are having a wonderful week! I'm so glad you could join us as we spotlight another new Crafty Secrets Design team member here on the blog.  So far, we've met the lovely Diane Hover of Nellie's Nest, the very versatile Gloria Stengel of Scraps of Life and the  Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.  

Today, the spotlight is on the clean and classic style of Melody Brouthers Clement of Paper Melody's.  (I'll go ahead and point out the obvious, which is the fact that Melody and I share the same last name.  This is because she married our youngest son about 2 years ago.) We wanted Melody on the team because her fresh, young take on vintage is sure to delight you and open your eyes to new ways of incorporating vintage images in your designs.  She's also very comfortable working with digital design. So, let's put the spotlight on Melody!

Hi everyone!  My name is Melody Clement and I’m joining you from Conway, South Carolina, where my husband of 2 years and I have just moved.  He is enjoying getting started in his new job, and I’m happy to be starting my new “job” as a member of the Crafty Secrets Design Team!
I've enjoyed various creative endeavors such as sewing, crocheting, and music since I was a little girl, and about 7 years ago I discovered the Wonderful World of Paper Crafts.  My first card was made with construction paper, glue stick, and markers...needless to say, both my skills and my hoard of paper crafting supplies have grown since then!  I started my blog, Paper Melody's, about a year and a half ago to share my "clean and classic" style with the world.  A few months after that, I opened my Etsy shop where I design custom handcrafted wedding stationery.  I enjoy playing along with various online challenges and have been pleased to be chosen as a favorite on several occasions.  I am thrilled to be one of the new members of the Crafty Secrets design team and look forward to sharing ideas and inspiration with all of you!

The card Melody prepared to share with us today uses our Bird Notes Clear acrylic stamp set and loads of digital papers. It is a wonderful example of the way she uses a pop of color in just the right spot to really make her clean, elegant designs sing.


Melody and I have been crafting buddies for several years now, and I'm always amazed at her design skills.  You can find information on all the different digital papers and techniques Melody used in  making this lovely card on her BLOG. I know you are going to enjoy getting to know her better.  Be sure to visit her blog, and leave her a little word of welcome below. 

I'll be back tomorrow to spotlight the next new member of our team, and I can tell you, you are in for a real treat!  Until then, on behalf of Sandy Redburn, I wish you joy and creativity!

Kathy



See  BIG SALE at CraftyVintageGirl.com 
Visit Our Facebook Page with 6800+ Fans!

This Blog:
http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com
Our Website: http://www.craftysecrets.com
Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898
Local Phone 604 597-8817

Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4

USA Warehouse
250 H. Street, #436
Blaine,WA 98230

 









4 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful design Melody...love the digitals you have put together...am looking forward to working with you on the team!!

Darlene said...

Welcome to the team Melody! Your card is beautiful and I can't wait to see more of your creations. What fun to have you new ladies joining us! Looking forward to getting to know you more! Happy Day to you and again ... Welcome!

Gloria Stengel said...

Welcome and Congrats! I am also a fan of Melody's fresh style...as she has been a guest at Craft Hoarders already, and won one of our prizes for being our TOP FAVORITE! I am so excited to see more of her work!

Celeste Goff said...

Welcome! I had to laugh at your comment about your first card. I think we can all relate. I love your card...it's gorgeous!