Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Spotlight on DT Member, Gloria Stengel

Welcome, Friends!  

All this week, we are spotlighting the newest members of the Crafty Secrets Design team.  Yesterday, we welcomed the lovely Diane Hover of Nellie's Nest. I hope you were able to pop over and leave her a word of welcome.  

Today, we are putting the spotlight on Gloria Stengel of Scraps of Life and the brand new Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.  Gloria's work is well known in paper crafting circles and it's hard to find a design team for whom she has NOT worked!  We're just thrilled to have her joining us here for the next 3 months, and hope she'll be able to stay with us for a very long time after.  So, without further ado, I turn the spotlight over to Gloria.

My name is Gloria Stengel and I have been hooked on paper crafts all of my life. I have always loved to color, play with paper dolls, and create "projects"! In 1990, I discovered rubber stamping and in 1996, I stumbled across "modern" scrapbooking. I love all aspects of paper crafting: card making, scrapbooking, mini albums, altered art, up-cycling, you name it! I am happiest when I am making a mess! It's the cleaning up part that I don't care for!
 I have been on a number of design teams over the past few years, including three terms with Graphic 45. I also accept various guest design spots and work with online stores from time to time. I have recently started my own challenge blog, Craft Hoarders Anonymous. I think the name says it all. 
 I have a blog, a Facebook Fan Page, and a YouTube channel in order to share my creative work. Please visit my blog, Scraps of Life: www.gloriascraps.blogspot.com for more inspiration. 
 Gloria has been a fan of the Crafty Secrets line for quite some time, so she has a few samples to share with us today. This first card is typical of Gloria's wonderful vintage style.  It is using our Material Girl  digital art stamp set.  I love all the layers and the wonderful shabby flower and trim.

Gloria also shines when it comes to retro designs. Her sense of fun and great ability to use color really shine in this great card that uses an image from our Vintage Girlfriends Journal Booklet.  These are still in stock, and even better, they are on sale!  I have also heard a rumor that Sandy is cooking up some new kitchen goodies. 

This card made with our Halloween Fun DAS is just so cute!

I know you are going to enjoy getting to know Gloria better.  She and I have developed a wonderful friendship, so I can tell you that she's a very genuine, generous and hilarious person.  I'm so glad that she's decided to join us here on the Crafty Secrets team.  Be sure to visit her blog and leave her some love below to make her feel welcome! 
I'll be back tomorrow to put the spotlight on our next new DT member!  Until then, on behalf of Sandy Redburn, I wish you joy and creativity!

Kathy




See  BIG SALE at CraftyVintageGirl.com 
Visit Our Facebook Page with 6800+ Fans!

This Blog:
http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com
Our Website: http://www.craftysecrets.com
Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898
Local Phone 604 597-8817

Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4

USA Warehouse
250 H. Street, #436
Blaine,WA 98230



5 comments:

Darlene said...

YIPPEE! Welcome aboard Gloria! So glad you're going to be joining the team for a stretch (hopefully longer). Your work is fantastic and you're such an inspiration. Looking forward to working with you!

Gloria Stengel said...

Kathy, thanks for the amazing write up! I was blushing just a tad! Thanks for the WARM welcome!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

We are just thrilled to have you along for the crazy ride! This is such a fun group of gals, and you already fit right in! xo

Elizabeth said...

You and I have a lot in common. Sounds like we're both a bit crazy and like to have a good time, I'm also a huge fan of Crafty Secrets (go figure), and just as big a fan of Graphics 45. In fact a lot of my crafting space is used to hoard every paper they ever printed. Lastly I'm happiest working in the messes I create.
I am so much looking forward to getting to know you, Huge welcome hugs.
Cheers, Elizabeth

Diane said...

Beautiful projects...all unique and different, you are a real asset to the team and am looking forward to working with you...and my room is 99% a mess, too!!